You are entering the first ever LiveJournal community devoted to the recognizing of gifted livejournalers. Before the others, we were here, and we intend on staying. LiveJournal Awards is here for many reasons. First and foremost, it is to give awards to those deserving. Whether you be a gifted HTML user, or an awesome icon maker, there's a place for you here. The LiveJournal awards that are won should be proudly shown off in User Infos, Websites and anywhere else you'd like to put them. Another reason we are here is to keep going the "tradition" of those long members, judges, and creators who have watched LJ Awards mature into a community with over 350 members. Hopefully most of those members are active and help with the judging process. For these and more reason, LJ Awards is going strong and will continue to go strong for a long time to come.
Now, on to the Awards that you can win...
• Best Bio • Best Layout • Best Icons • Best Mood Theme • Best Community
• Most Unique • All Around Wonderful • Most Artistic • Biggest Geek • Evil-Doer • Most Obsessed • Most Kinky • Best Fictional Journal • Comedy/Comedian Award • Just Too Cute • Weirdest User • The Bitch Award • Cutest LiveJournal Couple • The Jerk Award
Personal Awards (require explanation):
• Most Helpful Award • Nicest Person
LiveJournal Excellence Awards:
• Gold Star (for those that get 4+ awards) • Silver Star (for those that get 2-3 awards)
Best Bio Simple Enough. If you think you have a worthy Bio for your journal, this is the award for you! Best Layout Do you have a layout that stands out? Something that you're proud of? Nominate it! Best Icons One of the funnest categories, everyone loves icons. Time to show off your icon or that of a friend. :) Best Mood Theme Original Mood Themes only please. Best Community Award Know a community that stands out? That just seems uber cool? Time to acknowledge it. Most Unique This user stands out above all others. Might be personality, beliefs, any of the like. Something sets this user apart from the rest. All around Wonderful This is not judging a person but the overal journal. It's how well a journal flows together, (bio, userpics, layout, etc). It's the motherload of all awards. hehe. Most Artistic Do you draw? Paint? Make music? Write? Take photographs? This award is most artistic. All forms of art is welcomed. :) Geek Award Are you a Geek and proud? Hehe, yay@Geekoids, this is the category for you! (and me!) Evil-Doer Award Why have a nice user if you aren't going to have the bad ones? Naughty but nice evil-doers are always fun. This award is for them. Obsessed Award This is a fun category indeed, there's so many things to obsess about in live and if that obsession leads to your journal, then nominate it! Kinky Award Know a user that tries to be kinky? That takes pride in being kinky? Doesn't have to be real though that's acceptable. Any form of kinky is accepted (Fake images, hentai, sexual schtuff) hehe. Best Fictional Journal This one was bound to happen! Fictional Journals such as those for roleplay purposes is just awesome. Time for them to be recognized. :) Nice Person Award This category will only be accepted if you have proof/reason for why you are nominating said person. So don't forget to give a reason! Comedy/Comedian Award For those amusing and funny people on livejournal! Just Too Cute! Award Aw.. haven't you ever came across a journal that was just too cute? Weirdest User Award Daaamn! Some people are just weird hehe. Don't worry, it's not a bad thing. :) This is for them. The Bitch Award Keep in mind, if you nominated a person for the Bitch award and it was meant to offend or hurt feelings you will be disqualified. The Bitch award is for those that take pride in being a Bitch. Cutest Livejournal Couple Award Where would we be without love? Gotta have the cutest livejournal couple award, baby. :) The Jerk Award Same as Bitch though more manly, not meant to insult, insult nominations will be disqualified, this is for those that take pride in being a jerk. Most Helpful Award This award needs a reason for nomination. If a reason is not given, nomination will not be counted. Don't forget to list why the person is most helpful!
• This community is used for the nominations and for announcing the winners. The voting itself will be done by the judges in the judges community. Unfortunately, the membership is now closed, so if you would like to become a judge, you will have to wait until judges start to leave or become bored... then I will offer the chance for you to become one.
• There are three nominations per week per person allowed. This means one person can list three things. This does not mean that one person can list three people, each with all of the awards. I will provide a few examples because some dense people have a hard time understanding this. You can, for instance, vote for the following -
- three people, one award each - one person, three awards - one person, two awards, and one person, one award - two people, one award, one person, one award... etc.
• No votes will be based upon friends or enemies - all things will be completely fair
• If you loose an award, do not complain to the group and do not harass the person who won it.
• There will be two judgings per month. Nominations will be collected and voted upon on the 15th and 30th of every month. Please do not annoying ask the group when the voting will be because it is clearly stated here. And, furthermore, we all have lives as well so do not patronize us if we are late and/or slow. We are trying our hardest.
• Please do not beg and plea to win an award. Please do not contact the judges in any way to do so. Please do not bribe (don't believe people will do it, heh) any judges either.
• If you win an award, profess it proudly. But, if you do not, please do not steal the awards and banners and display them as if you did. If this starts to happen, then the images will be made copyrighted and it will become against internet protocol to do so. (na na na na na)
• Please do not use this community for anything barring awards. This is not a personal or chat community. Don't turn it into one.
• Please show all people at all times courtesy and respect. Do not steal icons or layouts that you are judging or viewing. You have no right. There is to be absolutely no spamming, harassing, or annoying of any kind. We've had our share of harassers, and none of it will be tolerated in the least.
• Only one nomination per person. Do not flood the community with multiple nominations for one person. If the person is up for Most Helpful or Nicest Person, you can comment to the entry where they were nominated, offer your support, of give your reasons why you agree, and these things will be considered during judges. Any re-nomination posts will be deleted.
Currently, we only have two awards sets. If you would like to make one, just post it in the community...it'd be much appreciated!